Calling all innovators! Think you have something patentable, but are not sure? Wonder if you even should patent your invention? Don’t have a clue where to start? Join us for this highly informative “Patents 101” seminar that will demystify the patent process for you.
What will be covered:
– The practicalities and definitions of patent types
– When to know that you have something patentable
– The importance of formulating a patent strategy and why
– The nuts and bolts of the actual process within the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
– Timing expectations after a patent is filed, and follow-on action items to monitor
– Your IP future: building a patent portfolio and why
A Q&A session will follow the presentation.
This seminar will be led by John Sotomayor, Patent Attorney and Founder, Sotomayor IP Consulting, Ltd. Based in Research Triangle Park, NC, John specializes in assisting startup and emerging growth companies to protect their valuable innovation assets. He was formerly in-house patent counsel for high tech companies in RTP, a former Patent Examiner with the USPTO, and spent the first half of his career in engineering, telecommunications, and software management.