Early Growth Financial Services is building a team of finance experts to support our clients. We are passionate about finance and about providing our clients with valuable support.
We are actively seeking CFOs and Senior Accountants to support our markets nationwide, specifically in: Austin, Boulder, Chicago, New York City, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley.
If you are interested in any job opportunities at Early Growth Financial Services, please send your resume directly to our recruiters at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the position and city/area you are applying for in the subject of your email and include your cover letter in the body of the email and your resume as a PDF attachment. Please no phone calls.
CFO (Austin, Boulder, Chicago, NYC, San Francisco, Silicon Valley)
Early Growth Financial Services (EGFS) is an outsourced financial services firm that provides early-stage companies with three platforms of financial support: transactional accounting, CFO / strategic finance, and compliance. With our team of outsourced CFOs, Controllers, and Senior Accountants, we provide small to mid-sized companies with the support they need so that they can reduce their cost structure and focus on their core business. The majority of our clients are venture-backed technology companies but we work with companies across a wide variety of sectors and verticals.
If you are an experienced CFO who already has your own clients and wants more—with the business chops to market your services and grow our client base—we want you!. The CFO position will afford you a high degree of flexibility, the ability to focus on CFO-level work (while your Senior Accountant handles all of the transactional accounting), an opportunity to work with exciting companies, and a support network of financial professionals.
We are looking for stellar CFOs who want to support an interesting mix of clients while building and managing their own client relationships. If you are ready to work with some great companies and strongly represent the EGFS brand, this is a great opportunity for you.
For your different clients, CFO responsibilities include:
- Manage finance and accounting function.
- Provide business analysis on companies operations and product results.
- Direct all accounting functions including payroll, account receivables/collections, expense processing, taxes, and revenue recognition and reporting (working with Senior Accountants, as necessary).
- Provide leadership needed to plan and grow profit efficiently, including developing budgets and providing accurate projections in support of business strategy.
- Present timely and valid interpretation of operating results.
- Responsible for overall fiscal operations: directing internal financial programs and procedures, and maintaining useful relationships with outside partners and vendors.
- Provide ongoing financial analysis and modeling to a range of company leaders in support of key business decisions.
- Provide sound leadership in complying with financial and legal requirements.
- Develop short-range and long-range financial plans to achieve established corporate goals.
- 12+ years in a financial role with 5+ years as a finance leader
- Experience working with venture-backed technology companies
- Strong understanding of equity and debt financing
- Proven track record in successfully supporting growth using strong analytical skills and effective financial modeling and tracking
- Experience leading financial budgeting and financial planning process
- Ability to oversee and review corporate accounting function
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Solid understanding of financial compliance requirements and experience implementing and managing financial policies
- High level of energy and ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic business environments
- Successful at executing on business development, networking, and sales activities to build client base
Early Growth Financial Services provides finance and administrative support to early-stage companies, primarily within the technology industry. We are interested in adding additional members to our team. This part-time position would initially require up to 35-40 hours a week. The team member would work remotely for part of their time and at different client sites for part of the time.
- Administer payroll
- Responsible for accounts payable transactions
- Monthly bank reconciliations and treasury management
- Monthly close package including accrued expenses, prepaid expenses, depreciation schedules
and fixed asset roll-forwards
- Monthly financial statements and management reports as needed
- Work with employee benefit broker to administer employee benefits
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Manage the general ledger and post all journal entries
- Support outside auditors, tax preparers, and valuation teams
- STRONG preference for tech and start-up experience
- Four to ten years of accounting / bookkeeping experience
- Strong understanding of GAAP and accrual accounting
- Proficient in Quickbooks and Quickbooks online. Experience with Great Plains, Soloman and
other ERP systems a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Experience working with ADP or Paychex or other payroll system
- Experience interacting with senior-level management
- Must be self directed and able to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills